Seattle Disciplinary Matters Special Needs Lawyer
Public and private school disciplinary actions interrupt your child's education, cause social anxiety, and seriously disrupt developmental progress. When you and your family encounter a disciplinary matter, especially involving a disabled or special needs child, it is important to know your rights and options. At Shaw Law Group, P.L.L.C., we are experienced in challenging school disciplinary actions, including those imposed against special needs children.
Strategic Advocacy to Protect Your Child's Rights and Interests
We have experience representing children and students with special needs or a disability who are facing disciplinary action by a public or private school. We will initiate an immediate investigation to collect and preserve all relevant evidence in your case, including witness statements, documents, and any physical evidence. Our goal is to ensure you and your child are treated with dignity and sensitivity during the disciplinary process.
We are experienced in student rights and disciplinary matters involving:
- Institutions that single out a child based on his or her behavior
- Teachers or administrators who do not understand the needs of your child
- Unfounded disciplinary action arising out of a disability or special need
- Improper discipline based on the child's medical circumstances
- Removal of the disciplinary action from the child's record
- Legal action involving civil rights and discrimination
- Issues involving children who speak English as a Second Language (ESL)
Strong Defense to Disciplinary Actions, So You Can Focus on Raising Your Child
As a parent, you want to give your child independence, but sometimes you need help challenging institutions that do not respect the special needs of your child or refuse to provide a second chance. Our priority is to give you the legal protection you need, so that you can focus on caring for your child. We will ensure that your child's rights are fairly represented and that your child has an appropriate defense when facing a disciplinary action imposed by his or her school. We have handled cases involving suspension or expulsion involving:
- Improper use of computers and technology
- Academic misconduct
- Bringing weapons or paraphernalia to school
- Bullying or fighting
- Other behavioral problems
We can help you protect your children. Call 206-462-3252 (toll free 866-721-2637) or contact our attorney online for an initial consultation or case evaluation at our Seattle, Washington, office.